Mechanical services, cooling towers and acoustic design. University of Wollongong, Western Building
Completed in early 2020 the Western Building in at the University of Wollongong Campus allowed us to showcase the depth of our engineering capabilities. Taking commercial Air Conditioning and engineering to the next level. The Western Building will accommodate the diverse functions of the School of The Arts English and Media (TAEM), the School of Health and Society (HAS) School and the School of Geography and Sustainable Communities (SGSC). The building is approximately 10,000sqm gross floor area across four levels plus a plant room level.
Climax Air Conditioning provided a wide range of mechanical services including Cooling towers, individual extraction exhaust for laboratories and acoustic designed air control for recording studios and theaters.
The mechanical services project works include the in-house engineered design and construction of:
- Reverse cycle air conditioning for office and research spaces
- Air handling units with requirements for acoustics in theatres and sound recording studios
- Exhaust for laboratories and work stations
- Chilled water towers
- Fire Smoke exhaust extraction system
Find out more from the Project Management and Engineering team, watch our short 2 minute video here
- Year: 2018 / 2019
- Work : Design and Construct
- Builder: Richard Crookes Constructions