Bulli Hospital and Aged Care Centre
The Bulli Hospital and Aged Care Centre project involved the provision of a new shared public/private aged care centre and is to be operated as a joint public and private venture between the Illawarra Retirement Trust (IRT) and the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD), each located in a separate wing of the building, joined through a shared ‘link’ portion.
The new Bulli Hospital and Aged Care Centre will deliver:
- 60 aged care beds managed by Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- 60 residential care suites managed by IRT
- An Urgent Primary Care Centre that will continue to provide medical services for Northern Illawarra residents and visitors who present with minor illnesses and injuries between the hours of 7am and 10pm
- Ambulatory care services including medical, nursing and allied health outpatient services
- On site clinical support services including medical imaging, pathology and pharmacy
- A range of non-clinical support services including food and nutrition, cleaning and asset maintenance.
The HVAC project for Climax Air Conditioning included:
- Chilled and heated water systems with constant and variable volume Air Handling Equipment
- Commercial kitchen and central ventilation systems
- Integrated building management system
- Reverse cycle split systems in each suite
- Bathroom exhaust for each bathroom in room and public
- VRF heat recovery Air Conditioning
- Fire and Smoke Control Systems
The construction for the Climax mechanical services package was completed in November 2019.
- Year: 2018 / 2019
- Work : Design and Construct
- Builder: Richard Crookes Constructions