Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to run?
How long until you can do the work?
Do you service my system?
What type of vents do you use?
I am concerned that I don't have enough electricity?
What do I do if something goes wrong?
What's involved in getting a quotation?
Will this help the mould on my walls?
Why are vents near the windows?
I hear the air will become dry?
In summer it is Humidity that makes us feel uncomfortable. An air conditioning system when in cooling mode will remove the humidity from the air leaving a fresher environment in the room. This is why it is important to close your doors and windows when cooling your home.
Where does the outdoor unit go?
Against the building and best is the north eastern aspect, this is not always possible but here is why. When the air conditioning system is in heating mode the outdoor unit has to defrost itself occasionally. If it is located in the morning sun this takes less effort but if it is in the line of the winter south westerly winds this takes much more effort. Also in the summer we don't normally run our systems as the sun comes up, it's later in the day so the hot westerly sun on the outdoor unit will make the system work harder, we don't want this.
Choosing the right air conditioner for youd gas centralheating and solar hot water solutions in the Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands. Climax is located in Nowra and Mittagong and offers the design, supply and installation of heating and cooling systems to the Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands; Nowra, Bomaderry, Bay and Basin, Ulladulla, Milton, Cambewarra, Kangaroo Valley, Moss Vale, Bowral, Mittagong &Goulburn. Other area's are available by request.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the heating and/or cooling system that suits your lifestyle and budget
Also employ the right people to install your new system
- The COMPANY - Find a reliable company with quality service to deal with. Do they answer the phone, do they return your calls within a reasonable time, do they supply and install? ASK AROUND - referrals are the best or go to the phone book and web. Ask for their sales person to discuss your requirements. This can be done by sending plans to them, visiting their office or they will visit your home or business. Make sure they have an office with people to talk to.
- REQUIREMENTS - Biggest is not always best, each area has different capacity requirements. Do you want your whole home heated/cooled, do you want zones, is one area hotter or colder than others, discuss this with the sales person.
- BRANDS - it must be reliable, are parts available, what is the quality like, does it meet the MEPs requirements
- PRICE - Did you receive a quote within a couple of days, with the system that you discussed? Why is there a difference in quotes? We all know that we usually get what we pay for and that the cheapest or most expensive may not be the best for you. Make sure you can discuss these details with the sales person.
- INSTALLATION - Does the company have the required Licenses, insurance etc...? Does the company have testimonials or references, ask for them or visit their web site.
- BACKUP - You don't want to be left out in the cold once your system has been installed. Can you phone or email with questions, do they offer periodical maintenance and warranty repairs.
- GO AHEAD - Once you have satisfied yourself with this knowledge, it's time to pay your 10% deposit. The company should provide you with a receipt and may get you to sign an agreement.
Servicing the Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands; Nowra, Bomaderry, Bay and Basin, Ulladulla/Milton, Cambewarra, Kangaroo Valley, Moss Vale, Bowral, Mittagong & Goulburn.
Climax has many years experience installing ducted reverse cycle air conditioning and gas central heating in existing or new homes, so call us today to discuss your options or for an obligation free quote at Phone 1300 13 89 86